Healthcare policies in India: Setting the right priorities | Modernmedicare.co.inPosted: March 21, 2013 Filed under: 12th Five Year Plan, Chronic Disease Management, Digital Health, Disease Management, eHealth, Healthcare, Healthcare System | Tags: Digital Health, eHealth, Healthcare in India, Healthcare reforms, Indian healthcare, Rajendra Pratap Gupta 2 Comments
Healthcare policies in India: Setting the right priorities | Modernmedicare.co.in.
Healthcare policy of a political partyPosted: March 20, 2013 Filed under: 12th Five Year Plan, Chronic Disease Management, Digital Health, Disease Management, eHealth, Healthcare | Tags: Disease Management, Disease Management Association of India, DMAI, GDP on Health, healthcare financing in India, Rajendra Pratap Gupta 1 Comment
I was on a call with a leading political party to discuss the Universal Health Coverage and i raised the following points for them to attend ;
1. Defining the UHC – We need to first define , what is Universal Health Coverage .
2. Focusing on execution – increasing the absorptive capacity on healthcare system – Even 1 % of GDP allocated to healthcare is not being used properly . How will we use 3 % ?
3. Ideating the UHC model – whether it should be pay for use ( except for BPL ) ? Anything free will be worse than what we have today
4. Using technology including telemedicine and mHealth
5. PPP for healthcare outcomes and delivery
Hopefully , this party will be taking care of these points as well . This is the third political party that has sought my views on its Health Policy
Rajendra Pratap Gupta